The Road to Zion






Finally! I've got to an area where I can enjoy the outdoors and back roads...I would never have guessed that Utah would be that place.

I broke camp early and spent the short ride up the highway to the turn off to Zion NP and spent the morning recharging my batteries (both my phones, camera and my own!) at a kindly convenient store in Hurricane, UT. I finally caught up with family members with the sparse reception I did have, filled my 3 gallons of water capacity with mostly ice and made the short 20 mile trip to the town of Zion. I found a gear shop and health food store to hang out at for the morning then rode into the park valley for a days worth of activities.
I rode the whole length of the short valley on the tourist bus with an eclectic mix of foreigners then hopped off for a hike to "Angels
reach" an isolate rock fin that sticks out in the middle of the whole valley with the promise of great views, it didn't disappoint!

The whole valley was awe-some! it reminded me of the best of Machu Pichu, Grand Canyon, and Yosemite all crammed into a short valley in the desert...I would highly recommend this on your next travels.







Not fully hiked out. I continued along the valley to the "Emerald pools" with hopes of taking a dip, no luck "No swimming allowed"...Finally tired and getting late, I took a welcome dip in the surprisingly cold desert river and set up camp off a closed trail. I was visited by 3 deer before
closing my eyes with the setting sun in my cozy tree hammock...another fulfilling day...

Comments

  1. wow. I wana go on a trek with you. I wil massage feet for safety and food! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment